Sunday, May 16, 2010

My New Sewing Table

I had been complaining about the finish on my Sewing table for a while, and my D H said he would make me a new one, so after some measuring and telling him what I wanted I waited and waited, then he said It was finished and what sort of legs did I want. I decided to visit Ikea and bought adjustable legs for a table I already had, then I could just add another unit to  the one from  that for the new table top to sit on.

IMG_0629 

To the right is the table I have made high enough to cut on, with the adjustable legs.

IMG_0626

This is my beautiful new sewing, quilting  table, lots of room on the left for a quilt and room on the right for pins, scissors etc

IMG_0630

This is the underneath part that holds the machine up so it is flat in the table.   I can't believe how great it is , I have used it too, I'm almost scared to in case I scratch it !   if you click on these pictures you will get a closer look. !

I also received On Friday my May Secret Pal D j Pressie The cutest little Mary Engelbreit Pin Cushion, a lovely fat 1/4  and a nifty little snap and store a bit like a glasses case but you can put your scissors etc in to it when doing classes, so thanks Secret Pal. !

IMG_0632

So cute, I am getting quite a collection of Pin Cushions now.  Maybe another blog entry there . !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are great legs, I have them for my cutting table in my quilting room.

cheers
Christine

cinzia said...

well all in all it must be said the wait was worth it.. great table

Things I like to Do

  • Quilt Sew Read Cooking Caravaning Travel

Little Fishes

Little Fishes
First Postcard