Friday, October 29, 2010

My Biggest Quilt Ever !!!

Bigger than Ben Hur ? Well not quite but 100"across by 88"long equals a lot of quilting.. My frame is only 10' across so I only just had enough room at the end to change the bobbin . I used 13 bobbins ! Its also only a 9 "throat, That's why I wound it on sideways.

IMG_0089

Putting on the Borders.

IMG_0090

Rolling the backing onto the frame.

IMG_0093

Pinning the top to the rollers.IMG_0096

Quilting Finished !

IMG_0097

Close up of quilting..... If you click on the photos you will get a closer look.

I have a bout 2 ft of binding left to sew down, I was lucky at Guild on Wednesday Karen and Sharron each took a side and helped me sew.  Thanks Girls. ! !       I just have to do a label and its ready to go into Our Sew Crazy Quilters Show at Helensvale next weekend, Yay another finish. !!

3 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

It's a beautiful quilt, and your all-over quilting design is very pretty. Nicely done!

FlourishingPalms said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Beautiful Pam, your quilting looks great!

Things I like to Do

  • Quilt Sew Read Cooking Caravaning Travel

Little Fishes

Little Fishes
First Postcard