Monday, April 6, 2009

Big Carry Bag

My weekly group The Sewing Sisters Had a Bag Day Last week. Most of us started making this Lovely big zippered carry bag. I finished mine  today. The fabric is Barefoot Roses by Tanya Whelan for Grand Revival. Again it is the same range of the quilt I am doing, I just love it and its taken me a long time to actually cut into it.!

It's oh so Shabby Chic , My favourite colours and style.IMG_2737 The zipper I used is 22 inch so that will give you some idea of size Its a pattern by Cindy taylor - Oates Easy to make Totes with zippers.

IMG_2735 It Has a Pocket on the side and one on the end, I think the next one I will use a firmer wadding. A nice bag to take a quilt in, when you go off on retreat.

QUILT BLOCKS ALL DONE.

IMG_2693 These are the blocks from Zu Zu's Petals quilt , Just need to join them together and decide on the borders. It is supposed to have a row of the little half square triangle right around but I don't think i have enough of the fabrics to do that.  Will have to think about it.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love the fabrics and the bag, gee we miss out on a lot living so far away. Your idea for the lap top bag is fantastic I will try to make one for myself. I have so much on at the moment I don't know what to do when. I am going back to cross stitch as well just to slow myself down, I have missed doing it.
Love from one of your Sewing Sisters
Jeanette

Chookyblue...... said...

love the bag and the quilt.........beautiful choice of fabrics......

Chookyblue...... said...

what is the pattern for the bag? Designer?

Things I like to Do

  • Quilt Sew Read Cooking Caravaning Travel

Little Fishes

Little Fishes
First Postcard