Friday, October 8, 2010

Other Goings On

A friend asked me to Quit one of her quilts, I did this for her Just a meander all over it.IMG_0052

It's a very Pretty Shabby Chic Style This is it On the Frame .

IMG_0054

After quilting.....

IMG_0055

A close up of one of the blocks .

I was quite pleased with it when finished. So was she. ....

Last week I went to Adelaide for The AMQF  The Adelaide Machine Quilting Festival. There was a lovely Quilt Show, and several vendors with all sorts of Gadgets and fabrics and threads. My Machine is only a baby compared to what I saw there . I don't think I would ever get one of the really big ones but the Nolting Fun Quilter was nice and my next pick would be the Innova 18" or was it 22". 'so quiet and smooth and all that extra room to play in. A girl is allowed to dream isn't she ??  I did buy these .......

IMG_0053

Yummy Signature and King Tut Quilting threads and some giant pins .  Now to pull out some of those tops and get them quilted.

After doing 4 lessons I have learned you don't need the stitch regulator and a computerised machine on the frame to  do some really nice quilting so watch this space as I am going to try a little more than just a meander.....:-))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pam the quilt looks great and you are right we learned a lot and I too am not changing my machine at this stage as I came home and played and do like it .
Maybe one day I upgrade...

cheers
Christine

Things I like to Do

  • Quilt Sew Read Cooking Caravaning Travel

Little Fishes

Little Fishes
First Postcard